Thursday, April 3, 2014

New Years Resolution, Three Months Later....

As of Sunday, it will be three full months since I made a commitment to myself to be a better person through exercise and healthy eating. As of today I have lost 51 lbs, just 4lbs shy of my goal. I can't really complain though, my body has tossed some curve balls, and I've adjusted to them.

Over the past few months I've leaned the following:
1. To lose weight, your diet affects your success more than the work that you put in.
2. My body really, REALLY, does not like sugar! Anytime I eat some, and not because I am craving it, I get extremely sick! I ate a piece of cake for my birthday and I thought I was going to die! I was attempting to induce vomiting I was in so much pain. It was awful.
3. I have to give in to my cravings once in a while to avoid a "relapse" or a "binge". I've learned that when my body wants nachos and cheese, I better eat some. If I avoid it, the craving grows and grows until I get out of control and eat way more than I need to in order to satisfy my craving.
4. I don't beat myself up when I do eat something outside of my normal diet and/or it's something that is not healthy. I go out with friends once a month and I eat whatever I want.... and I let it go. One meal wont kill me, so why fret over it?
5. My body needs more meat and vegetables than it does anything else. I probably could live off meat and vegetables alone.

I've lost a total of 20 inches overall. I am down two pant sizes.

I have many things to be proud of!
Here is to the next three months! My next goal is to be down 80lbs by the end of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment